A little late for this year, but for next; it’s early!
Pisanka (or plural: pisanki) is a name for eggs ornamented especially for Easter. There are many various techniques for decorating Easter eggs.
Today, I’m introducing one of the traditional ways, boiling eggs in a decoction of plants or other natural products. In this case: onion peels.
Let’s get started! ^^
WHAT WE NEED?
inner tube of a bicycle (or elastic bands)
HOW TO MAKE?
1. Cut the inner tube in stripes. We will use the stripes to make decorations on eggs. You can cut some patterns in the stripes.
2. Place the stripes on the eggs. This way the space under the stripes remain white (after coloring).
3. Boil eggs with onion peels in a big pot. Add enough water to cover the eggs.
4. Cook for about about 10 minutes, then remove from the pot.
5. Remove the stripes from eggs. And we’ve got awesome patterns! ^^
View original post 78 more words